Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thesis



Let me tell you about the last consultancy with my lecturer. I met my lecturer on friday. In the morning, i sms-ed her.

"Pagi Bu Yanivi, hari ini ibu ada di UPMA ngga? saya butuh ketemu sama ibu. Terimakasih ya bu"

Then, it had been sent!
Minutes later, there was a message received by my phone.

"Ada, sampai jam 2."

Then i replied:

"Oke bu, kalau begitu saya kesana jam 11 ya. Terimakasih bu"

Yess, finally i can meet her. I then prepared to go to campus. The time showed 10.30 am when i arrived at campus. so, i decided to go to AIESEC UI office before go to UPMA meeting my lecturer. There was a preparation for 2nd round LCVP Confidence voting, and i was responsible to make the voting ballots. So, i asked Nadya (tupil) to print the ballots and then copy it into 100 sheets, while i meet my lecturer.

Then i went to UPMA, when i entered the room, my lecturer was in front of her PC, doing some works. And then, she asked me:

"Eh, ya duduk. Gimana? Udah sampe mana? Kamu yang skripsinya CG itu kan?"

jengjenggg.. she was not even sure who i actually am.
actually it's not her fault, maybe it's because i haven't met her for almost a month. ;)

And then, i started to talk about the progress of my thesis, as well as my obstacles in finishing it. After had several minutes talks, the conclusion is, my thesis is too difficult for bachelor degree, it seems to be more suitable for master degree students. ha?! what the ah! i have been working on this for couple of months, and then i just need to complete the data and the journals, then i can run the data soon! but it's not as simple as i thought before. it needs me to do some hard works to complete all this tasks, and none knows whether i can find the data and journals or not. So, my lecturer asked me, what the thing that i want the most, to still finish what i have started, or to graduate this year. haaaa that was hard, you know. i found that she thinks it's impossible to finish my thesis this year if i'm still with my current topic. I decided to graduate this year, since i think it's out of question to graduate another time. Then my lecturer said i should make time frame (or deadline), maybe, if one week later i still cannot find the data and journals, we have to make Plan B. It means, i should simplify my topic, and try to write another topic which has been written before by other people. Yaaa, that's the conclusion.

What do you think, guys?!

No comments:

Post a Comment